You Are
"A laugh in a sea of sadness."
-Unknown
You are the laugh in a sea of sadness,
rare, however there.
You are the slippers on a cold hardwood floor,
The sunlight on a dark day
A cup of peppermint mocha on a cold, snowy morning.
However you are not the dollop of whip cream in my hot chocolate,
The frost on the car window in the morning,
The popcorn kernels left over in the bowl after a movie,
You are not pumpkin spice in the fall.
It is possible you could be the song stuck in my head all day great at first,
growing more and more annoying as the day goes on.
but you are not my favorite song.
A walk down the quiet street
I realize you are not the loud car,
clunking along,
disrupting peace.
I just wanted you to know,
I am the snow,
weighing down the branches of the tree
I am the clouds
blocking the sun,
Making the sky gray for everyone.
You are the laugh in the dark, violent sea of sadness,
thrashing and crashing,
against anyone who dares cross.
I am the sea, you are the laugh
calming the sea to peaceful, rocking waves.
I really liked how you compared yourself to the dismal sky, while you made them seem as the happy part of something scary and dark
ReplyDeleteThat was really insightful and I enjoyed getting a look into your mind for a few stanzas of a beautiful poem. I really liked that part where you compared the left over kernels of pop corn at the bottom of the bowl. I would never have been able to think of that. It was really cool. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteGreat imagery here.
ReplyDeleteReally great imagery here! And really well written!!!
ReplyDeletethis is beautiful
ReplyDeletethis was great and I could picture it!
ReplyDeleteThat was so descriptive, I could see the frost on the window, the dark thrashing waves. Nicely written. That was neat
ReplyDeleteYou have some very nice images. I especially liked "popcorn kernels left over in the bowl after a movie."
ReplyDelete